Assistant CFO Hospital
Under the Direction of the CFO the Assistant CFO directs financial activities of the organization, including Patient Business Services, Materials Management, Health Information Services, Financial Statistical reporting, Accounting, and Payroll. Works with the Controller in providing and directing procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services. Under the direction of the CFO and with the assistance of the Controller establishes or recommends to management, major economic objectives and policies for the company. Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations. Assists with the preparation of budgets. Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets. Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With the CFO develops, coordinates, and integrates the long and short term financial planning programs with the strategic planning processes of the organization.
- Under the direction of the CFO is responsible for the development of Accounting and Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Designs and maintains a system of sound internal controls. Directs the preparation of consolidated financial statements and budgets, interim and year end.
- Ensures that accurate information is provided on a timely basis and assists, as needed, in facilitating the efficient conduct of external audits, examinations, and related financial projects.
- Assists with developing and administering the annual operating and capital budgets variance and exception reports and communicates and coordinates these with management.
- Assists the CFO in reviewing the financial programs, their current and strategic needs and develops recommendations for approval by the CEO, Board and Corporate Office. Develops, changes, and implements appropriate financial policies and controls pertaining to the financial operations and services in accordance with policy, accepted accounting practices, and organization financial directives.
- Serves as a liaison between the department directors and other Medical Centers administrators/managers in coordinating interdepartmental planning efforts and addressing major issues.
- Participates in the analysis of the financial implications of proposed capital projects and expenditures and recommends the execution of appropriate measures to respond to projected economic trends and/or regulatory changes.
- Assists the CFO in establishing and maintaining effective controls pertaining to revenues, cash, expenses, depreciation, and purchases, and authorizes expenditures in accordance with the financial directives of Corporate Finance. Ensures cost effective operational measures are in place and monitors and analyzes the overall effectiveness and efficiency of financial programs and services.
- Ensures and maintains confidentiality.
Education & Experience:
BS/BA Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance required, MBA preferred. Must have extensive knowledge of Accounting practices and principles.
Five years of experience with at least three years in a managerial or supervisory capacity and previous experience in the Medical Center or public accounting field preferred, or the ability to learn and demonstrate competency after successful completion of a training program. Must have highly developed organizational skills.
Ability to read, understand and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages helpful.
Technical Skills: Must be proficient with computer accounting software applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled