Assistant Director Pharmacy
Come JOIN OUR FAMILY at the Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
Enjoy PREMIUM PAY and a COMPETITIVE BENEFITS package!
Full Suite of Health Benefits
Full-Time Day and Night positions are available with premium shift differentials
Opportunity to grow with an outstanding company!!
The Assistant Director of Pharmacy is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the pharmacy department. In addition, the Assistant Director of Pharmacy provides pharmaceutical care to patients as a staff pharmacist as needed. This position will assist the Director of Pharmacy to assure all legal, regulatory, and accrediting requirements are maintained at the best demonstrated practice. Maintain a professional presence throughout the hospital. Assure pharmacy services and activities are carried out to meet goals and standards of Steward Health Care. In the absence of the Director of Pharmacy, the Assistant Director of Pharmacy is required to assume the essential responsibilities and perform the duties of the Director of Pharmacy. The pharmacist may be responsible for the purchase of pharmacy inventory to include narcotics and other necessary drugs, equipment, and items to insure availability. When there is an established formulary, the pharmacist is required to adhere to that formulary or follow the established procedure for exceptions.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Graduate of college of Pharmacy accredited by ACPE or equivalent
- Previous pharmacist experience or previous hospital pharmacy experience
- Current license to practice Pharmacy in state and maintains all required CE
- Training and proficiency in age specific therapies for hospital patients (Neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric)
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to manage a diverse workforce
- Pressure to perform in emergency situationsA
- Ability to handle multiple projects
Continuous potential of exposure to blood borne pathogens throughout the day. Steady, active work that may include walking, standing, sitting, bending and stooping. Work may involve transporting supplies.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.