Cardio Circulator Nurse
The RN is responsible and accountable for directing, planning, and organizing operating room nursing activities with focus on patient care, physician and staff needs. The RN is responsible for delivering skilled patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating care among patient/family, medicine, nursing, ancillary, and other team personnel; acts as patient advocate; and maintains current knowledge and standards of professional nursing practice.
- Promote exceptional qualities of compassionate care.
- Demonstrate consideration for a collaborative, harmonious and compatible nurse-patient relationship.
- Promotion of a patient-centered culture of safety, teamwork, accountability, communication and efficiency.
- Evaluate and modify patient care assignments as needed
- Demonstrate effective clinical reasoning, the ability to effectively reprioritize patient/unit needs and implement rescue efforts as warranted
- Assisting in the orientation, evaluation and supervision of agency/temporary staff, new nurses and other staff as needed.
- Effective communication between nursing and other hospital staff, physicians, patients, their families, and visitors as appropriate, regarding but not limited to:
- Changes in patients' condition
- Results of diagnostic tests
- Safety and quality of care concerns
- Customer satisfaction concerns
- Delegates tasks or interventions in accordance with the Texas Administrative Code Rule 224.6 to ensure patient safety through ongoing supervision and accountability.
- Activates the Chain of Command as appropriate
- Ensures compliance with hospital policies and procedures, regulatory and statutory requirements including but not limited to:
- Core Measures
- Infection Control standards
- State of Texas
- Experience of 1-2 years surgery experience, cardiovascular experience preferred.
- Current RN licensure in the state of Texas
- Certification per unit specific competency (i.e. BLS, CPI, etc.).
- NIHS Scale, stroke education, cardiac education and ortho education as per department specific competencies.