Cardiovascular Tech - RTRCIS - Full Time
Under the general supervision of the Director, Cardiology, the Special Procedure Technologist in the Cath Lab is responsible for the provision of services of a highly specialized nature to patients according to physician’s orders. Provides for patient safety and high quality testing. Also responsible for the operation of all x-ray equipment, Scrubbing-in to assist the physician in complex angiographic procedures, and the provision of safe and effective care of the patient having invasive or non-invasive special procedures in the Cath Lab to include the immediate pre-procedure period, during the procedure, and immediately following the procedure.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Graduate of an accredited or registered school of Radiology Technology or CCI certification (RCIS).
- Must be a Registered ARRT or RCIS.
- Must be technically oriented in all invasive and interventional procedures. EP experience preferred.
- Current verification of competency in BLS and ACLS.
- One year Cath Lab experience required.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to fulfill the following requirements:
Physical Activity: Dictionary of Occupational Titles Strength Rating -M.
Requires standing or sitting for extensive periods of time. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Requires exposure to routine hazards and risks involved in performing patient care activities, including exposure infectious processes, potential exposure to hazardous substances including radiation during surgical procedures, potential musculoskeletal injuries.