Cath Lab - RN - FT Days - The Medical Center
- Make patient care assignments based on patient acuity and the skill, experience and competencies of the nursing staff with consideration for a collaborative, harmonious and compatible nurse-patient relationship.
- Promotion of a patient-centered culture of safety, teamwork, accountability, communication and efficiency.
- Evaluate and modify patient care assignments as needed
- Demonstrate effective clinical reasoning, the ability to effectively reprioritize patient/unit needs and implement rescue efforts as warranted
- Assisting in the orientation, evaluation and supervision of agency/temporary staff, new nurses and other staff as needed.
- Effective communication between nursing and other hospital staff, physicians, patients, their families, and visitors as appropriate, regarding but not limited to:
- Changes in patients' condition
- Results of diagnostic tests
- Safety and quality of care concerns
- Customer satisfaction concerns
- Delegates tasks or interventions in accordance with the Texas Administrative Code Rule 224.6 to ensure patient safety through ongoing supervision and accountability.
- Activates the Chain of Command as appropriate
- Ensures compliance with hospital policies and procedures, regulatory and statutory requirements including but not limited to:
- Core Measures
- Infection Control standards
- State of Texas