Certified Surgical Tech - Full Time - BEAUMONT CAMPUS
Under the general supervision of the Director, Surgical Services, and the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Operating Room Tech. is responsible for providing surgical scrub on all types of minor and major surgical procedures dependent on individual competencies. The Operating Room Tech. may also circulate on assigned cases under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Documented experience in providing Operating Room services as an Operating Room Tech.
- Must have completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard or meets the additional qualifications criteria set forth in Texas House Bill No. 643.
- Regarding House Bill 643 and the grandfathering of surgical technologists, a surgical technologist employed to practice surgical technology before September 1, 2009 would not be required to successfully complete an accredited educational program for surgical technologists and hold and maintain certification as a surgical technologist to be employed as a surgical technologist on or after September 1, 2009.
- Current verification of competency in Basic Life Support (BLS) – Healthcare Provider Course.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 9724