Clinical Documentation Specialist (Full Time)
Reviews inpatient medical records for identified payer populations (Medicare, Medicaid and Blue Cross / Blue Shield) as directed on admission and throughout hospitalization. Analyzes clinical status of patient, current treatment plan and past medical history and identifies potential gaps in physician documentation.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- CCCS, RHIA, RHIT, RN or LVN preferred.
- Proficient in ICD-10 hospital coding preferred.
- Basic computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet utilization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships necessary to influence physician documentation processes.
- Analytic skills necessary to clinically assess medical records.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.