Director Behavioral Health
Do you want to work in a family-like environment with unparalleled leadership committed to providing quality care? Come join our family at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
We offer competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Student Loan/ Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks!
The Inpatient Director of Psychiatric Nursing is responsible for the daily operation of the inpatient psychiatric unit, coordination of services, supervision and management of nursing staff and the implementation of quality care and services. The Inpatient Director of Psychiatric Nursing must demonstrate competence to participate in interdisciplinary formulation of individual treatment plans; to give skilled nursing care and therapy; and to direct, monitor, and evaluate the nursing care furnished.
- Master's degree in Psychiatric-Mental health from a nursing education program accredited by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and Council for Higher Education Accreditation as an accreditation agency, such as the National League for Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education OR Bachelor's degree in Nursing and a Master's degree in a health-related field from an accredited college or university and have three years’ experience as a full-time employee or contractor (or its equivalent as a part-time employee or contractor) as an RN in a hospital
- Current RN licensure in the state of Texas
- Supervisory or Leadership experience preferred
- Certification per unit specific competency (i.e. BLS, CPI, etc.).
- NIHS Scale, stroke education, cardiac education and ortho education as per department specific competencies.
Additional Position Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of area community mental health resources
- Experience in referral development and community education.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.