Director Emergency Services
Do you want to work in a family-like environment with unparalleled leadership committed to providing quality care? Come join our family at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
We offer competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Student Loan/ Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks!
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, the ED Nurse Director is responsible for maintaining the efficient functioning of the Emergency Department which is under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. The ED Director is responsible for initiating, guiding, and directing the coordination of services provided by the designated Nursing Unit and is responsible for adhering to the standards of emergency care as listed by the ENA. Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education to promote effective management of the areas of responsibility. Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided by specified Unit. Utilizes Emergency-Care standards. Makes decisions regarding activities in area of responsibility based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, and Unit Standards with collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer in unusual situations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
1. Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
2. Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice with emphasis on leadership and management experience.
3. Certification level courses (ACLS, BLS, NRP, etc.) as per department specific competencies.
4. Successful completion of electrocardiographic monitoring program.
5. NIHS Scale and annual stroke education required