Director of Telemetry
Do you want to work in a family-like environment with unparalleled leadership committed to providing quality care? Come join our family at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
We're looking for a DYNAMIC DIRECTOR of TELEMETRY to join our team!
We offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and many other perks!
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Nurse Director is responsible for maintaining the efficient functioning of one or more Nursing Units/Services which are under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Is responsible for initiating, guiding, and directing the coordination of services provided by the designated Nursing Units.
- Is responsible for adhering to the standards of Critical-Care as listed by the AACN/
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education to promote effective management of the areas of responsibility.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided by specified Units. Utilizes Critical-Care standards.
- Makes decisions regarding activities in the area of responsibility based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, and Unit Standards with collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer in unusual situations.
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice with previous management and leadership experience at the director level.
- Current verification of competency in cardiopulmonary resuscitation including newborn and pediatric resuscitation as appropriate to areas of responsibility.
- NIHS Scale and annual stroke education required
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
Astringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or any other non-job-related characteristic.