Come JOIN OUR FAMILY at the Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
Enjoy PREMIUM PAY and a COMPETITIVE BENEFITS package!
- Full Suite of Health Benefits
- Family Atmosphere
- Full-Time Day and Night positions are available with premium shift differentials
- Opportunity to grow with an outstanding company!!
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Nurse Director is responsible for maintaining the efficient functioning of one or more Nursing Units/Services which are under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Is responsible for initiating, guiding, and directing the coordination of services provided by the designated Nursing Units.
- Is responsible for adhering to the standards of Critical-Care as listed by the AACN/
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education to promote effective management of the areas of responsibility.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided by specified Units. Utilizes Critical-Care standards.
- Makes decisions regarding activities in area of responsibility based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, and Unit Standards with collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer in unusual situations.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s preferred
Minimum of three (5) years of clinical practice with previous management and leadership experience at the director level.
Current verification of competency in cardiopulmonary resuscitation including newborn and pediatric resuscitation as appropriate to areas of responsibility.
NIHS Scale and annual stroke education required
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.