ER Registrar (PRN)
Under the general supervision of the Admissions Coordinator, the Admitting Registrar is responsible for accurately registering all patient types who need services. The Admitting Registrar has initial contact with the patient and is responsible for completing and verifying all registration information, obtaining proper signatures and completing the financial arrangements with the patient and / or responsible party in accordance with the physician orders. Processes patient changes, including discharges, insuring that all signatures, billing forms, and information are on file prior to patients’ release. Prepares patient receipts and balances cash drawer. Performs PBX duties as required.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum typing skills of 45 wpm required with ability to use computer systems required; basic course in medical terminology preferred.
- Previous Admissions or medical office experience strongly desired.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.