Food Service Worker
Under the general direction of the Food and Nutrition Services Director and the direct supervision of the Food Service Supervisor, the Food Service Worker is responsible for a variety of tasks in the kitchen area, tray line and dishwashing areas, and other peripheral areas, such as the dining area.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous experience in hospital food service preferred.
- Must be able to read and write in English and interpret standardized recipes and perform basic mathematical calculations.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.