General Maintenance Tech
Under the general direction of the Chief Operations Officer and the direct supervision of the Director of Plant Operations, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, plumbing, electrical and heating/air conditioning tasks to include installing and repairing equipment.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- High school graduate with some trade school or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in provision of building and power plant services with a focus on standards related to hospital environment preferred.
- If driving a company vehicle, (No moving violations within the last three years and no previous DUI charges.)
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.