Geriatric Tech (PRN Nights)
Under the general supervision of the Program Director and the direct supervision of a licensed nurse, the Mental Health Care Technician is responsible for basic care, comfort, and safety of patients. The Mental Health Care Technician establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients and facilitates the maintenance of the therapeutic milieu of the unit.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- High School graduate or equivalent with documented competency in providing basic nursing care in accordance with skills list.
- Documentation of competency in providing BLS and CPI, per unit specific competency.
- Previous experience in hospital/behavioral health patient care setting preferred.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.