Imaging Record Coordinator
Come JOIN OUR FAMILY at the Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
Enjoy PREMIUM PAY and a COMPETITIVE BENEFITS package!
Full Suite of Health Benefits
Opportunity to grow with an outstanding company!!
Under the direction of the Radiologist and the Director of Imaging the Imaging Record Coordinator is medical administrative assistant who provides traditional administrative duties, such as monitoring telephones, scheduling appointments and greeting patients, the coordinator is responsible for processing all release of information request for the Imaging Department in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customer service. The Imaging Record Coordinator must at all times safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy be ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulation.
High School graduate or equivalent.
- Proficient in utilization of transcribing equipment, word processor, and computer equipment.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology with a focus in Radiology. (X-ray, Mammography, CT, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, MRI and Special Procedures.).
- Previous experience in Radiology and medical terminology.
- Experience in computer applications used at the hospital level.
- Experience with hospital information systems, Radiology information systems, P.A.C.S. systems.
- Analytical skills and knowledge to determine and provide sound advice concerning transcribed report issues related to/from the out-source transcribing company.
- Assumes responsibility for the timeliness of record completion according to JCAHO, State and Federal guidelines and Medical Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Assists Radiologists, physicians and hospital staff with completion of radiology records.
- Certification per unit specific competency (i.e. BLS, CPI, etc.).
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.