Under the general supervision of the Director of Surgical Services, and the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Central Sterile Technician is responsible for processing instrument trays and other supplies necessary for surgical procedures and assisting in the safe transport of patients to the operating room suites.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Training in Operating Room/ Medical Assisting preferred.
- Current certification in sterile processing preferred.
- Previous experience in Operating Room environment desired.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.