Insurance Verification Clerk (Central Admissions - FT - Internal Candidates Only)
Under the general supervision of the Admissions Coordinator, the Insurance Verification Clerk is responsible for obtaining accurate financial and demographic information, verifying insurance eligibility and benefits, determining patient financial obligations, obtaining pre-certification, referrals or authorizations that are required, documenting and entering information into the computerized system. The Insurance Verification Clerk is also responsible for notifying patients of scheduled pre-testing appointments and deposit requirements. Responsible for ensuring that all high priority pre-admission orders are processed immediately on a daily basis. Assists with other admitting functions as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in all types of health care insurance programs including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Demonstrated skill in utilization of office equipment computer, electronics, internet.
- Minimum 45 wpm
- Minimum of two years Insurance Verification, Authorization, Referrals, Scheduling in physician office, ambulatory setting or diagnostic setting; or 3 years hospital related verification, authorization, scheduling experience combined
- Experienced with CPT and ICD10 Codes with working knowledge of procedures
- Experienced with LCD, NCD and medical necessity requirements for payors including ABN requirements (able to obtain information when needed)
- Proficient in web based insurance websites and other internet navigation tool
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills and customer service