Coordinates processing and care provided to patients examined by the Doctor in the office. Assists in maintaining and documenting of patient chart with current information on patient’s condition, care provided, and follow-up prescribed by the physician/provider. Participates in performing or arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments provided during examination, or needed.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- High school Graduate / GED
- Medical assistant education; 1 year preferred
- Training and/or experience in performing EKG; 1 year preferred; training in other procedures preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Requires excellent communication skills to relate to physicians, patients, outside organizations/people, and other office staff.
- Knowledge of medical supplies, ordering procedures, inventory and clerical skills is helpful.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.