Medical Laboratory Technician
Come JOIN OUR FAMILY at the Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
Enjoy PREMIUM PAY and a COMPETITIVE BENEFITS package!
Full Suite of Health Benefits
Opportunity to grow with an outstanding company!!
Under the general supervision of the Director of Laboratory Services and the direct supervision of a Medical Technologist Coordinator, the Medical Laboratory Technician provides clinical laboratory services to patients in accordance with accepted practices and Departmental and Hospital standards of care.
- Minimum of two years in an accredited college or one or more years of training in an accredited school for Medical Laboratory Technicians, or training in an approved military training program. Must be CLIA qualified for high complexity testing.
- Previous experience in hospital clinical laboratory preferred.
- Certification per unit specific competency (i.e. BLS, CPI, etc.).
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.