Medical Technologist Visa Sponsorship Program
About The Medical Center of Southeast Texas
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is the community's go-to provider of leading-edge, quality health care services in a family-friendly environment. With two locations serving the Southeast Texas region, we are never far from home.
The full-service hospital in Port Arthur, Texas is a 204-bed acute care facility that has earned numerous distinctions for quality including accreditations for chest pain, Stroke, Trauma, Neonatal Intensive Care and Orthopedics. Highlights of the facility include all-private rooms, a state-of-the-art emergency room with a fast-track area for minor illness and injury, a dedicated heart center for cardiac services including electrophysiology, surgical suites with the latest in digital surgical technology, and an obstetrics unit that includes a neonatal intensive care unit for high-risk babies.
The facility houses an Outpatient Center located just next door in the Physician’s Office Plaza, offering convenient in-and-out access for patients just steps away from the hospital. The outpatient center offers Cardiac Rehabilitation Services, Wound Care/Hyperbaric Services, Outpatient Behavioral Health Services, and Outpatient Imaging Services.
Just down the road, The Beaumont Campus is dedicated in providing leading-edge and exceptional emergency, surgical and diagnostic services to the Southeast Texas community in a concierge setting. Conveniently located in West End Beaumont, The Medical Center of Southeast Texas, Port Arthur Campus offers a new standard of care from some of the most highly trained and talented physicians in Southeast Texas.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas has evolved over the years since opening in 2005, but one thing that hasn't changed - the hospital still offers the same family-friendly atmosphere and personal attention that patients have trusted. The facility consistently delivers on its promise to provide outstanding healthcare to the Southeast Texas community.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is a physician-owned hospital that brings world-class medical expertise and compassion to the care of every patient.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 37 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Perform various Clinical Laboratory tests in one or more sections of the Laboratory; Analyze and interpret test results and ensure accuracy of same; Uses technical competencies and judgment to respond and handle situations as they arise; Assist with the Laboratory PI program, ordering of supplies, developing procedures and other areas as needed; Responsible for charge duties when the Lab Service Director or Assistant Lab Director is not on-site.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Medical Technology, or a related science field and completion of a program in Medical Technology.
- Requires 2 years of experience in job offered or as Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- Also requires one of the following certifications which must be valid: MLS (ASCP), MT (ASCP), or MT (AMT).
Experience must include each of the following:
- Utilizing basic computer knowledge in LIS and HIS.
- Performing routine and specialized laboratory procedures
- If certified after 2004 must maintain active credential status to maintain employment.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, and patients and their families.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- one of the following certifications which must be valid: MLS (ASCP), MT (ASCP), or MT (AMT).
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas Port Arthur Campus is