NICU - Registered Nurse(RN) - PRN Nights
- Make patient care assignments based on patient acuity and the skill, experience and competencies of the nursing staff with consideration for a collaborative, harmonious and compatible nurse-patient relationship.
- Promotion of a patient-centered culture of safety, teamwork, accountability, communication and efficiency.
- Evaluate and modify patient care assignments as needed
- Demonstrate effective clinical reasoning, the ability to effectively reprioritize patient/unit needs and implement rescue efforts as warranted
- Assisting in the orientation, evaluation and supervision of agency/temporary staff, new nurses and other staff as needed.
- Effective communication between nursing and other hospital staff, physicians, patients, their families, and visitors as appropriate, regarding but not limited to:
- Changes in patients' condition
- Results of diagnostic tests
- Safety and quality of care concerns
- Customer satisfaction concerns
- Delegates tasks or interventions in accordance with the Texas Administrative Code Rule 224.6 to ensure patient safety through ongoing supervision and accountability.
- Activates the Chain of Command as appropriate Ensures compliance with hospital policies and procedures, regulatory and statutory requirements including but not limited to:
- Core Measures
- Infection Control standards
- State of Texas
1. Experience of 1-2 years Medical/Surgical/ICU/E.D./OR/PACU/OPS/NICU preferred.
2. Current RN licensure in the state of Texas
3. Certification level courses (ACLS, NRP, etc.) as per department specific competencies.
4. NIHS Scale, stroke education and cardiac education as per department specific competencies.
5. Current BLS certification in all areas
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled