Office Assistant (PRN)
The Office Assistant is responsible for the performance of clerical duties in the office, for the admission and collection of data on patients, for the scheduling of appointments and for verification of insurance.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Two years of college or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology.
- Computer experience.
- Proficient with word processing programs, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Coursework or equivalent experience in clerical/secretarial skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and balance multiple deadlines.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.