Pharmacy Tech II (part-time)
Pharmacy technicians assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Pharmacy technicians must have a broad knowledge of pharmacy practice, and be skilled in the techniques required to order, stock, package, and compound and otherwise prepare medications.
Pharmacy Technician II
Education: High school degree or equivalent
Experience: Previous experience as a hospital pharmacy technician preferred;
Certification/Licensure: Nationally certified by PTCB or NHA as a certified Pharmacy Technician; ACPE or ASHP accredit course in compounding sterile preparations and IV certification preferred.
Other: Pharmacy Technician II, 1 – 3 years experience
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.