Come JOIN OUR FAMILY at the Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
Enjoy PREMIUM PAY and a COMPETITIVE BENEFITS package!
- Full Suite of Health Benefits
- Family Atmosphere
- Full-Time Day and Night positions are available with premium shift differentials
- Opportunity to grow with an outstanding company!!
The Physical Therapist is a skilled member of the health care team and provides therapeutic services to patients through the use of initial assessments, therapeutic procedures and interventions in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the hospital and applicable law. The individual treats disabilities, injuries, and disease through the use of therapeutic techniques according to prescriptions from a physician, performs testing and evaluation procedures on patients. The PT possesses good organizational and time management skills. The PT demonstrates good communication skills to interact with individuals appropriately, on a professional basis. The PT must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served throughout the hospital and outpatient clinic. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patients status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the units policies and procedures and skills check lists. The PT supervises PTA's and technicians according to state and professional supervision requirements.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
1. Graduate of accredited Physical Therapy, BS, MS degree or DPT Program.
2. Degree in related field with certificate in Physical Therapy will be considered.
3. Licensed by the State of Texas Board of Physical Therapist by State of Texas.
4. Certification level courses (ACLS, BLS, NRP, etc.) as per department specific competencies.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to fulfill the following requirements:
1. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
2. Requires standing or sitting for extensive periods of time.
3. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
4. Frequently lifts, carries or pushes items weighing fifty (50) pounds or more.
5.Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or body fluids and other conditions common to a clinical environment.
6. Potential for musculoskeletal injuries due to moving and lifting patients and equipment.
7. Must be capable of performing CPR.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.