Come JOIN OUR FAMILY at the Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
The RN is responsible and accountable for directing, planning, and organizing the nursing activities on the unit for an assigned shift with focus on patient, physician and staff needs. The RN is responsible for delivering skilled patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating care among patient/family, medicine, nursing, ancillary, and other team personnel; acts as patient advocate; and maintains current knowledge and standards of professional nursing practice.
- Experience of 1-2 years Medical/Surgical/ICU/E.D./OR/PACU/OPS/NICU preferred.
- Current RN licensure in the state of Texas
- Certification per unit specific competency (i.e. BLS, CPI, etc.).
- NIHS Scale, stroke education, cardiac education and ortho education as per department specific competencies.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.