Position Office Coordinator
The Office Coordinator is responsible for working directly with Practice Manager in coordinating office personnel and other activities in the work areas in order to provide an efficient operation to enable the facility to provide the best quality patient care. Responsible for the overall supervision of the office personnel and functions as a full working member of the staff when Practice Manager is unavailable. Responsible for clerical duties in the office, as well as, participates in performing or arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments provided during examination, or needed.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Two years of college or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology.
- CPT & IDC9 coding abilities preferred.
- Computer experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and balance multiple deadlines.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.