Respiratory Therapist (Days)
Under the general supervision of the Department Director and the Manager, the Respiratory Therapist provides respiratory therapy services to patients in accordance with accepted respiratory therapy practices and established Departmental and Hospital standards of care.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- To qualify for this position, the candidate must be registered through the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- Candidates must be licensed by the Texas Medical Board as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Certification per unit specific competency (i.e. BLS, CPI, etc.).
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.