RN House Supervisor - Part-time
Do you want to work in a family-like environment with unparalleled leadership committed to providing quality care? Come join our family at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
We offer competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Student Loan/ Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks!
Under the general supervision of the Department Director, the House Supervisor, assumes administrative and technical responsibilities for the assigned unit of service. In collaboration with the Department Director, the House Supervisor:
- Assumes responsibility for the unit of service on designated shift and coordinates activities of nursing personnel on other shifts as applicable.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the patient care staff.
- Provides ongoing management and supervision of the unit of service to promote the overall quality of patient care services.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within the unit of service based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the Unit with collaboration with the in unusual situations.
- Current RN licensure in the state of Texas
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice in provision of nursing care services with emphasis on leadership and management experience preferred.
- Certification level courses (ACLS, NRP, etc.) as per department specific competencies.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.