The RN II is responsible and accountable for directing, planning, and organizing the nursing activities on the unit for an assigned shift with focus on patient, physician and staff needs. The RN II is responsible for delivering skilled patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating patient care through the nursing process in accordance with established policies and procedures; for coordinating care among patient/family, medicine, nursing, ancillary, and other team personnel; acts as patient advocate; and maintains current knowledge and standards of professional nursing practice. The RN II may assist the unit director with monthly department education, scheduling and performance improvement projects.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Experience of five years Medical/Surgical/ICU/E.D./OR/PACU/OPS/NICU preferred.
- Current RN licensure in the state of Texas
- Certification level courses (ACLS, BLS, NRP, etc.) as per department specific competencies.
- NIHS Scale, stroke education, cardiac education, bariatric and ortho education as per department specific competencies.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.