The Senior Buyer has responsibility for being the main resource for Steward Health Care Facilities in relation to ordering supplies and materials through the process of creating purchase orders through the Meditech Materials Management Purchasing System (MT MM).
- Process purchase requests, place orders, monitor orders, and review/resolve backorders
- Interact/Communicate with Facility end users and vendors
- Responsible for ordering supplies, materials, and equipment using the MT MM purchasing system
- Process Purchase Requests daily (FIFO – First in First Out), creating and placing all purchase orders
- Resource to all facilities in relation to product/supply acquisition
- Work with Accounts Payable to resolve issues related to the Steward Health Care Facilities of responsibility
- Communicate with end users and vendors daily in expediting orders, resolving product issues and pricing discrepancies
- Track and resolve backorders/delivery delays - each buyer must confirm to the end users any backorders, delays, or rejections of any order via voice and/or email. Researches and develops new sources of supply and/or recommends possible substitute material with the approval of the Clinical staff
- Work with Accounts Payable on all Pre-Pay orders
- PO Process: Submit, track, match, and reconcile all PO’s for assigned facilities
- Weekly and Monthly Auditing
- Inventory Management (Up to and including walking the shelves)
- PO Reconciliation and Resolution
- Communicate recall notifications to purchasing and contracts team
- Main resource for facilities in relation to ordering supplies, materials, and equipment using the MediTech Materials Management System
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Team player with strong interpersonal & collaborative skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized, possesses good communication and prioritization skills, and be customer service oriented
- Requires the ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Requires the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Must be a results-oriented problem solver
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 5-7 years relevant experience
Software/Hardware: Strong computer skills in MS Office (specifically MS Excel), Meditech Client Server experience a plus
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Do you want to work in a family-like environment with unparalleled leadership committed to providing quality care? Come join our family at The Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
We offer competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Student Loan/ Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks!
Under the supervision of the Director of Materials Management, the Buyer performs the purchasing function within Hospital and Company guidelines. Creates purchase orders, places orders with vendors, checks pricing, terms, and lead time. Handles “stat” requests. Maintains dictionaries related to purchasing. Assists departments with product research. Maintains vendor information database. Ensures contract compliance in all purchasing decisions.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
1. High School diploma or equivalent education.
2. Sufficient previous experience as a buyer, preferably in a hospital setting.
3. Preferred hospital experience, 1 to 2 years in Materials Management buying.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 127793