Special Procedures Tech
Come JOIN OUR FAMILY at the Medical Center of Southeast Texas!
Enjoy PREMIUM PAY and a COMPETITIVE BENEFITS package!
- Full Suite of Health Benefits
- Family Atmosphere
- Full-Time Day and Night positions are available with premium shift differentials
- Opportunity to grow with an outstanding company!!
Under the general supervision of the Director, Cardiology, the Special Procedure Technologist in the Cath Lab is responsible for the provision of services of a highly specialized nature to patients according to physician's orders. Provides for patient safety and high quality testing. Also responsible for the operation of all x-ray equipment, Scrubbing-in to assist the physician in complex angiographic procedures, and the provision of safe and effective care of the patient having invasive or non-invasive special procedures in the Cath Lab to include the immediate pre-procedure period, during the procedure, and immediately following the procedure.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
1. Graduate of an accredited or registered school of Radiology Technology or CCI certification (RCIS).
2. Must be a Registered ARRT or RCIS.
3. Must be technically oriented in all invasive and interventional procedures. EP experience preferred.
4. Current verification of competency in BLS and ACLS.
5. One year Cath Lab experience required.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to fulfill the following requirements:
Requires standing or sitting for extensive periods of time.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Requires exposure to routine hazards and risks involved in performing patient care activities, including exposure infectious processes, potential exposure to hazardous substances including radiation during surgical procedures, potential musculoskeletal injuries.
The Medical Center of Southeast Texas is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
- Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.